Cromer Public School

Wisdom and Courage

Telephone02 9971 0499


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Our local intake area is changing

  • From the start of 2023, new enrolments can only be accepted from residents living inside the new local intake area
  • Parents can still apply as a non-local enrolment to an out of intake area school and their application will be considered on a case-by-case basis in line with the Department’s enrolment policy

Between August 2020 and Term 4 2022, parents and carers who live at an address impacted by these adjustments, will have the option to either:

  • Enrol their children in the school they are currently designated to 2023
  • Enrol their children in the school they will be designated to in 2023


From 2023, students can continue to enrol in the current school intake area school if they have a sibling in that school. This is regardless of whether the school is at enrolment capacity.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

Starting school

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Because students start new work in their new class at the beginning of the school year, it would be an advantage for your child both socially and educationally, to start school as soon as possible in the new year.

Enrolment appointments

For your appointment, if your child has not been previously enrolled in a NSW public school, you will need to bring these documents with you:

  • your child’s birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of student’s address – originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
  • Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable).

For children already enrolled in a NSW public school we only require:

  • proof of student’s address – originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

It’s important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school.

School times


Supervision of students in the morning before school begins at 8:20am. The Department of Education and Communities requests that children are not to be at school before this time. Before school care is available through Cromer Out of School Hours (OOSH).

  • School starts - 8:50am
  • Recess - 10:50am to 11:10am
  • Lunch (Monday to Thursday) - 12:30pm to 1:30pm
  • Lunch (Friday) - 11:50am to 12:50pm
  • School finishes - 2:50pm


School events are communicated to parents and guardians through the "weekly times". The "weekly" is  published very fortnight and is available in the newsletter section of this website and/or via our school app.  Paper copies are available, when requested, from the School Administration office.



A reminder to parents that staff car parks are restricted, and parents are asked not to enter. Parking is available in the streets surrounding the school but please read the parking signs as Carcoola Rd, Meehan Rd, and Waroon Rd have designated "Kiss and Drop" zones. In these zones you are not permitted to leave your car unattended, or park for more than 2 minutes. These zones are enforceable and heavy fines apply.

Please respect our neighbours by not parking across their driveways, and remember the 40km school zone notices around the school to ensure the safety of all our students.